The Drum Wind Screen have been developed to separate crushed complex scrap into:
- Light fraction and possible cyclone fraction.
- Heavy fraction. The heavy fraction is classified into coarse and fine particles.
The effective separation of the raw material is achieved through:
- Variable speed of the drum itself.
- Big range of angle of inclination.
- Big range of adjustment of air velocity.
- Visual contact with the separation process.
- Easily exchangeable end screen, when processing different types of material.
To minimize wear and reduce the noise level, the interior of the drum is clad with rubber.
The System works by feeding the mixed fraction to the centre of the inclined rotating drum. As the material is tossed by the rotary action, the lighter fractions are taken up the incline by the air stream and the heavier fractions fall down the incline by passing over the rotary screen.