Starting up a tyre recycling business is a large opportunity. There are however many things to consider before production is up and running. We recommend that you contact a consultant specializing in the industry or developing a thorough business plan including e.g.
1. Local regulations and need for permits for collection of tires and recycling.
2. Market analysis for the collection of tires as well as sales of the recovered material.
3. What do we need in to start the business in regards to e.g. equipment, vehicles, location?
Determine your requirements for equipment.
In order to determine your basic requirements for tire granulation and separation equipment, there are some main factors which you need to take in consideration.
- Which kind of tyres do you want to process?
- Does the input material contain foreign bodies such as rubbles, brass etc.?
- What do you want to produce?
- Required size of end-product?
- Maximum steel content in rubber fraction?
- Maximum rubber content in steel fraction?
- Do you have any existing equipment which should be incorporated in this project?
- What is your ﬁlter requirements?
- How many tones of each type do you plan to process? Daily, weekly or monthly. Do you need to process them before a certain time?
- Planned production capacity?
- Number of shifts per day in production?
- Number of hour per shift?
- Working days per week or year?
Download and print the PDF below for you reference.